Maintains & Manages Upgrades of Server & Local Area Network (LAN)
Selected and Purchased Hardware & Software; Interviewed & Selected Installation Engineers
- Managed transition from Windows Server® 2003 to Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition, with User CALs (Client Access Licenses), vs. Device CALs (less cost-efficient for our company).
- Coordinated purchase and installation of Dell® PowerEdge® server, with RAID 5 storage across numerous hard disc drives, for maximum speed of data-access by Production crew.
- Coordinated upgrade of office LAN infrastructure: Windows® XP 32-bit to Windows 7 and Windows 10 Professional 64-bit operating systems on new desktop and laptop clients, Boot Camp® partition of iMac® computer’s hard drive into OS X® and Windows operating systems, Cloud-based Symantec™ EndPoint Protection™ on Windows Server 2003 server and clients, Category 6 Ethernet cabling for VOIP phone system and gigabit Internet, and WiFi networking.
- Adds, deactivates, and deletes Users and Computers in Active Directory® service.
- Maintains LAN on daily basis.